The British Newspaper Archive starts digitising eight new titles
More than 8 million newspaper pages from 1710-1954 are now available to search at The British Newspaper Archive (www.britishnewspaperarchive.
In the last month, the website has started digitising the newspaper archives of eight new titles. These cover England, Scotland and Northern Ireland and include the London Evening Standard, Glasgow’s Daily Record and the Northern Whig.
The first years from the following new titles have been added to The British Newspaper Archive:
· Biggleswade Chronicle, covering 1912
· Daily Record, covering 1914-1915
· Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser, covering 1864
· London Evening Standard, covering 1860-1862 and 1866-1867
· Newcastle Evening Chronicle, covering 1915
· Northern Whig, covering 1869-1870
· Surrey Comet, covering 1854-1857 and 1859-1870
· Watford Observer, covering 1864-1865, 1867, 1869-1870
You’ll find more information and links to these new additions at http://blog.
britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/ 2014/08/07/8-new-titles- including-the-london-evening- standard/
The British Newspaper Archive is a partnership project between the British Library and Findmypast. From November 2011 to 2021, up to 40 million pages from historical newspapers across the UK and Ireland (spanning the period 1700 to 1954) will be uploaded to the website www.britishnewspaperarchive.
The British Library is the national library of the United Kingdom. It provides world class information services to the academic, business, research and scientific communities and offers unparalleled access to the world’s largest and most comprehensive research collection.